In autumn, the weather gradually cools down, and the sun's light also weakens greatly, which will affect the dog's absorption of calcium in food, and affect the development of puppies and the health of middle-aged and elderly dogs. How can dogs of different breeds and body types supplement calcium at different ages?
1. No matter what size the dog is, there is no need for calcium supplementation during lactation, because they can get a lot of calcium from breast milk. After weaning puppies, mini dogs and small dogs fed puppies 'dog food do not need calcium supplements, because the puppies' food will contain the right amount of calcium.
2, and large and medium-sized dogs should pay attention to proper calcium supplement at this time. Because the larger the dog's body size, the faster the growth rate, and the greater the demand for calcium, the calcium contained in general puppy food is difficult to meet their growth needs.
3. If a dog eats animal liver or meat as its main food for a long time, it should also be supplemented with an appropriate amount of calcium. Because these foods not only have very low calcium content, but also contain high levels of vitamin A, long-term intake of high concentrations of vitamin A in dogs can inhibit calcium absorption.
1. If the puppies are insufficient in calcium supplementation, rib eversion may occur, the forearm wrist and elbow joints deform, small dogs are prone to "O" shaped legs, and large and medium dogs may cause severe deformation of the forelimbs. If it is not found in time, the treatment should not be appropriate and it may cause permanent paw or limp.
2, 2 to 3 months of age is an important period for the formation of intervertebral discs in puppies. If calcium deficiency occurs at this time, some breeds susceptible to intervertebral disc disease (such as: Beijing dogs, Shih tzu dogs, myna dogs, poodles, etc.) Seizures can cause lifelong pain.
At 3, 4-6 months of age, the deciduous teeth in the mouth begin to fall off, and the permanent teeth begin to grow. If the calcium deficiency at this time will cause the deciduous teeth to not fall off, the permanent teeth will grow slowly, the enamel layer will be thin, and the structure will not be firm, and the double-row teeth or the permanent teeth will be uneven. These dogs are susceptible to bad breath and gingivitis in adulthood, which directly affects life.
4. After the dog enters adulthood, the dog feeding the dog food does not need to add calcium separately. Because the growth and development of dog bones and other organs has basically stopped during this period, the demand for calcium is very small.
5. If it is a male dog and a pregnant lactating female dog, you still need to add a lot of calcium, because semen, embryonic dogs and milk will cause a large amount of calcium to be lost from the body. If you ca n’t get it in time, you will use the body Calcium in the calcium pool, causing osteoporosis.
6. Postpartum breastfeeding female dogs will cause acute postpartum calcium deficiency due to low blood calcium concentration. The symptoms are convulsions in the extremities, stiffness in the whole body, and the temperature can rise above 40 ° C, which can even cause coma and death.
7. When the large dogs enter the old age after 8 years old, the elderly dogs' calcium intake decreases due to endocrine and other reasons, and the loss increases. At this time, small dogs should be fed elderly dog food, otherwise they should be artificially supplemented with calcium while maintaining a certain amount of exercise. Otherwise it will cause osteoporosis and increase the incidence of bone spurs and fractures.
1. In the absence of allergies and indigestion, drinking more milk or eating some dairy products and cartilage, and reducing the intake of foods rich in vitamin A, such as liver, are also conducive to calcium supplementation.
2. If your dog has developed symptoms of calcium deficiency, use some calcium for pets. Meng's High Calcium Tablets have high calcium content, easy absorption, good palatability, and suitable for pets.
3. When the weather is fine, bring your dog to exercise and bask in the sun.
How much calcium should I give my dog?
How much calcium should be added depends on the dog's breed, size, age, and calcium deficiency.
You can get in touch with us in any of the following ways. Telephone and QQ are good communication tools. Y ^-^ Y! ~
You are welcome to visit us, our working time is Monday to Friday 9: 00-18: 00
Legal information can speak freely (except for severe advertising party)
09: 00—22: 00